517 of 519
Posted - 18 February 2011 : 10:22:47
| JOB LOCATION: – Kuwait
Flights, accommodation and transport to and from work are provided.
Global US Defence Base Workers Comp Insurance provided (DBA).
Travel insurance including medical and accident provided.
You must have a valid passport for travel.
You will need to be able to pass security clearance for badging onto a US Military installation.
POSITION SUMMARY: (Requires knowledge of track combat vehicles)
Under the supervision of the Lead, Heavy Equipment Mechanic, performs journeyman level DS/GS service, repairs and overhauls combat vehicle equipment and heavy construction equipment.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Performs the full range of overhaul, repair and service of combat Track vehicles, material handling equipment and heavy construction equipment at the Intermediate Direct Support (IDS) and Intermediate General Support (IGS) levels of maintenance. Maintains current on state of the art principals, practices and procedures to be employed. Quantity and quality of work expected and tools and materials to be used.
2. Ensures work is complete and conforms to standards and requirements IAW technical manuals and local SOPs.
3. Assures that equipment and supplies are utilized properly.
4. Performs initial, inline and final inspections on jobs.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Excellent computer, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required. Computer skills include a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
Work is generally conducted in a shop environment; however, duties may involve the conduct of work in the out-of-doors area with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions. Work will require lifting up to 50 lbs, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published company work rules.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent with training in equipment maintenance and management procedures at the DS/GS level of maintenance.
Experience: Three years experience in equipment maintenance at the journeyman level. Must have a valid driver's license.
The ability to acquire and maintain a Common Access Card.
NOTICE: This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Contact email@example.com to apply